- 关系代词： 在从句做一定的成分，代替先行词，起到连接先行词和从句的作用。常用的关系代词有： that, who, which, whom, whose.
- The girl whom/that I spoke to is my cousin.
先行词是人的话，用 that, who, whom,whose 来引导定语从句，whom在从句中作宾语，who 和 that 在从句中做即可作主语又可做宾语。
- They are the people that/who were seen yesterday.
- They are the people whom/that/who I saw yesterday.
- They are the people whose wallets were lost yesterday.
先行词是动物/事物的话，用 which, that, whose来引导定语从句。Which, that 在从句中可做主语和宾语，作宾语时可以省略。
- He came back for the book which/that he had forgetten.
- He came back for the book whicht/that was on the desk.
- This is the chair whose legs were broken.
|主格||who/ that||which/ that|
- He was the person who/that joined the army that year.
- He came back for the book which/that he had forgotten.
- He is the man whose wife is a teacher.
第47课 定语从句 when, where, why
- We don't know the reason why he didn't show up.
- we'll put off the picnic untill next week when the weather may be better.
- We don't know the place where he lives.
- He works in a factory where Tv sets are made.
- We'll put off the picnic untill next week when the weather maybe better.
- She didn't tell me the reason why she refused the offer.
- He told me that he would go to colleage the next year.
从属连词：that, if, whether.
- He said that he was there yesterday.
- He doesn't know if/whether he was there.
连接代词：who, whom, whose, what.
- Do you know who has won the game?
- Do you know whom he likes?
- Do you know whose book it is?
- Do you know what he is looking at?
连接副词： when, where, why, how.
- He wants to know when the party is.
- He wants to know where the party is.
- He wants to know why they have a party.
- He wants to know how they come.
- He doesn't know that/ if she is at school.
- He wants to know where she is.
- He wants to know wether/if/why/when/where/how she comes.
- He wants to know what she is reading.
- He wants to know whose book it is.